1. Be knowledgeable about ATC phraseology.
2. Know the meaning of airport signs and markings.
3. Go through your pre-flight checklist.
4. Check current and forecasted weather.
5. Review airport diagrams.
6. Check NOTAMs.
7. Review published taxi procedures.
8. Refer to the FAA Runway Safety Webpage for additional Best Practices and Tools.
Choose the correct path
Scenarios are Choose Your Adventure type interactive videos. In Scenario 1, you will navigate from the ramp to the runway. We often think of safety in terms of being in the air and knowing how to "fly" safely. But, the risk of having an accident or incident is actually higher when we're on the ground. Taxiing, take-off and landing require your vigilance to good safety habits.